Last updated on July 16th, 2018 at 04:32 am
Blog Income Report April 2018: Here’s How I Made $9,033 Blogging This Month
Hey blog friends! How was April for you? Did you reach your blog goals from March?
This post may contain affiliate links, which is at no cost to you. Disclosure.
Even if you didn’t, doing a monthly blog income report / progress report is so worth it.
Doing these will allow you to evaluate whats working and where there’s room for improvement.
This month my focus was mainly on two things.
- Earn $2,500 in the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle sale
- Get my BeautyIsCrueltyFree traffic to 25,000 sessions so I can join MediaVine.
I’m happy to say that I met and surpassed both of those goals!
My total income for the month of April before expenses is $9,033. I’ve listed everything I did to get there in this post, below, including the affiliate networks I’m in, and the marketing strategies I use.
This post is a blog income report & blog progress report for my two main blogs, BeautyIsCrueltyFree (Beauty + Style blog) and HerPaperRoute (Blogging + Online Business Resources).
Update: I have since sold BeautyIsCrueltyFree
You can view all of my blog income reports here.
You Should Start A Blog
If you are thinking of starting a blog, or if you have a blog but are stuck trying to figure out how to make money from it, enroll in my free ‘Start A Blog & Monetize It’ course.
Also, be sure to get my resource library of free blogging guides via The HerPaperRoute Profitable Blog Toolkit. which you can access here:
Why Do A Blog Income Report?
Everyone should do a monthly blog report to track your income, traffic, and progress, regardless if you post is publicly or not.
It is so important to reflect on how things are going, and see what areas you need to improve on.
I started my blogs with the goal of making $2000 per month, so that I could stay home with my baby, never have to put him in daycare, and never have to return to the job I hated.
Before I knew just how possible making a real income from home was, I felt trapped and unfulfilled.
Your Blog-At-Home Career Is Very, Very Possible
I am still growing, and still developing my life as an online entrepreneur.
But I get to stay home and work braless, in my PJs (which is awesome, let’s be honest!), while hanging out with my kid each day, all while earning an income doing something creative, fun and fulfilling.
I hope that if you are an aspiring online entrepreneur reading this, you will be inspired knowing that you can make a living as a blogger too.
You just have to start!
Making Money As A Blogger
It is worth noting that although I have over a decade experience in marketing, (I worked as a corporate marketing strategist for over 10 years before quitting to blog fulltime last year), you don’t need that much experience to make money as a blogger.
If you have the desire to start a blog, and the dedication to put in the work to develop it is a business, you can be successful.
It just takes a little time and a whole lot of belief in yourself.
My education and background in marketing helps me make money blogging, as far as the marketing my business side goes, but it isn’t necessary!
Check out my MakeMoney Blogging Guides, that’s where I share all of my blogging, marketing and money-making advice via free guides and training.
I keep a directory of affiliate programs for several different niches too.
To put yourself on the fast-track to developing your blog as a business and earning money with affiliate marketing, enroll in my profitable blogging course Blog Boss, which covers blog development, affiliate marketing, email marketing and more.
Check out this little promo video I made for Blog Boss, with the help of Lumen5!
Blog Income Report:
Ok, So How Did April Look?
I’m so happy that I was able to reach 25,000 sessions this past month at BeautyIsCrueltyFree, and it is continuing to rise every day! Page views are over 70,000 now, too.
Pinterest is a dream for blog traffic. I wrote about my Pinterest strategies here. I am using Tailwind to automate pins to over 100 group boards, as well as taking full advantage of my Tailwind Tribes, and manually pinning as well.
In April the DA (Domain Authority) of HerPaperRoute went up 4 notches from 17 to 21. BeautyIsCrueltyFree stayed the same as last month.
My Ultimate Homemaking Bundle Marketing Attack
The first half of April was spent going hard on my marketing plan for the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle, which ran from April 11-16th. This entailed:
- Creating my own sales pages (See that here)
- Creating an exclusive bonus valued at $250, which customers could only get if the bought their bundle via my links
- Uploading a video promo about my bonus and adding it to my custom sales page
- Writing and scheduling a series of 12 sales emails, and scheduling them to fire out during the sale, using ConvertKit to automate the process, and auto-tag users who bought my bundle, so I wouldn’t email anyone again after they purchased
- Creating special UHMB pins and scheduling them out to my group boards throughout the sale via Tailwind
- Promoting the pins in my Tailwind Tribes
In addition to those duties, I also spent the weeks leading up to the sale targeting and collecting new subscribers who were an ideal customer for the bundle – moms! – by promoting a free guide to making money online.
This freebie was great because it gives 30 legit resources for ways a mom can earn money from home, from my personal experience. This added a few hundred new subscribers to my list who were then entered into my sales funnel during the bundle sale.
1 Week = $3,007 Commission
I had a goal to make $2,500 in the Ultimate Bundles sale and ended up making $3,007 – yay!
I’m happy about this not only because it is more than I’d expected, financially, but because I was able to do it with a much smaller list than some of the other sellers.
As well, this was my first time participating in an Ultimate Bundles sale, and I was competing against sellers who have been doing this for years.
I didn’t make the top 30 sellers list, but I did make the top 50 and I am happy about that, and I appreciate everyone who purchased their bundle from me!
If you are thinking you’d like to become an Ultimate Bundles affiliate, you should! It’s a great program which pays 40% commission, or 70% commission if one of your products is included in the sale.
Join the Ultimate Bundles affiliate program here.
Not many bloggers share this program with others because inviting more bloggers into the program is essentially creating more competition for ourselves, but I feel that there is enough business and enough money for everyone to go around!
Your 5K Launch Kit
For a step by step guide to how I launch and promote products, sign up for my 5-day series Your 5K Launch Kit! This is a mini-mentorship where I walk you through my launch process via 5 days of email coaching. It’s free!
You Are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero: Master the Mindset of Wealth
This is such an awesome book. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is on the path of setting and surpassing money goals!
Top Posts In April @ HerPaperRoute.com
- You Can Now Make Your Instagram Shoppable With Links – I share a step by step guide on how to add links and tag products in your Instagram posts (yes, you can tag things with your affiliate links, mama!)
- High Paying Affiliate Programs For Bloggers – Tech, Apps, Gadgets, Web Hosting Niches
- How To Monetize Your Blog With Media.net Advertising
- How To Create Passive Income With Etsy
Blog Income Report: The Money
Blog Income Report: Month Of April 2018 = $9,033
- Hosting – $2,742 (To self-host & monetize your blog, enroll in my free Start A Blog & Monetize It course)
- Be Your Own Blog Boss Course – $1,219 (This is my course that teaches affiliate marketing)
- ShareASale – $680
- Awin – $398
- Max Bounty $82
- Adsense – $75
- Ultimate Bundles – $3,007
- Misc. Affiliate Income $450
- Medianet $35 – read this guide on using MediaNet
- Sponsored Posts & Advertising * – $299
- Surveys – $46 (Check out Swagbucks, InBox Dollars, SurveyRewardz & Cash Crate )
Total Before Expenses = $9,033
* Sponsored Posts & Advertising – The majority of this is from brand-sponsored posts on my Instagram, where I am paid a flat fee to promote a brand that I am partnered with. I have a small Instagram account, yet make a good income from it by way of micro-influencer marketing. I chat about micro-influencer marketing strategies in this interview.
- Webhosting: Bluehost $2.95 (That link gives you 65% off!)
- Tailwind – Paid for a year – An absolute MUST for Pinterest traffic. See my guide on that here.
- ConvertKit – Paid for a year (The best tool for your email list management)
- Smarterqueue $22 (This is the best social media automation tool, ever)
The above-mentioned expenses are crucial to the growth and success of my blog. I don’t know where I’d be without ConvertKit as it’s tools have made it possible for me to easily grow and manage my list across all the different campaigns I run.
When I first started out, I wasted way to much time using a non-premium email service provider, thinking I was saving money. When really I should have just been using a professional program from the start. Check out my guide to email marketing and get ConvertKit free for a month here.
If you aren’t ready to invest in ConvertKit yet, Mailerlite is a good alternative.
Equally as important is the social media automation app Smarterqueue. It constantly posts and then re-posts my posts and links as evergreen content across social media, without me having to do a thing. You can try it free here.
Additional expenses to consider are that I am a self-employed person, so 20%+ of my year-end income will go to taxes, along with healthcare insurance and other self-employed related expenses.
Work With Me
I provide various services, from building websites, developing social media campaigns, giving blog audits, and even offering 1:1 blog-to-biz mentorship/coaching.
To inquire about any of these services and to hire me, send me a message.
How Was Your Month?
What worked for you? What didn’t? Do you do a monthly income blog report?
Let me know on Instagram @HerPaperRoute
For More Tips On Blogging & Money-Making:
- How To Actually Make Money Blogging
- 6 Ways To Monetize Your Blog
- Affiliate Programs For Mombloggers
- Legit Ways To Make Money Online
The HerPaperRoute Profitable Blog Toolkit is my members-only resource library of tools to help you start a blog develop it into a thriving, income earning business!
- Profitable Blog Cheatsheet!
- Styled Stock Photos!
- Social Media Marketing Planner! & More!
IT’S FREE! JOIN HERE:
Already A Member?