Making money from a blog – My blog income for June is $12,972. This blog income report explains exactly how I made that money blogging.
Making Money From A Blog – June Blog Income Report
I strive to help others realize that you don’t need to work a ‘job’ for someone else.
You can be in charge of your life and work for yourself by making money from a blog.
And you can make a damn better living from it, too. All you need to do is start.
Making money from blogging is my fulltime job. In addition to blogging about affiliate marketing here at HerPaperRoute.com, I also run several other niche blogs.
June was a busy month at HerPaperRoute.com.
Although I didn’t post as many posts here as I usually do, I actually had a lot going on behind the scenes this month.
Before we jump into this month’s blog income report, I first want to you to take a look at this post: Blogging For Money Mindset: 3 Myths Keeping You Broke.
There is a TON of information and resources in that post to help you with making money from a blog.
I lay out my formula for exactly what I do to make money blogging each month.
As well, I share some advice about some common things that may be keeping you from reaching your income goals. And how you can fix it.
How To Start Making Money From A Blog
Making money from a blog takes 3 things:
First, you need a self-hosted website in order to start making money from a blog.
If you haven’t yet taken my FREE blogging course on how to start and monetize a blog, enroll here.
Plus, take advantage of this amazing deal on web hosting from Bluehost before it’s gone:
- 1 Year Premium Bluehost Hosting $2.95/month
- Free domain
- Free email account
- Free SSL Security
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- Plus Unlimited Web Space On Plus/Prime plan
This bundle is regularly $95!!
Second, you need to put in the time to learn affiliate marketing.
Everything you could ever want to know about blogging and affiliate marketing can be found on this website. Take a look at my Blogging Basics resources and Affiliate Marketing resources to get started.
And third, you have to put effort into promoting your blog posts and affiliate offers.
Follow the 80/20 rule: 20% of your time is spent creating blog posts and other content, and 80% of your time is spent promoting them.
Past Blog Income Reports
Top Posts In June:
- SiteGround Or Bluehost To Monetize Your Blog?
- Blog Income Report – How I Made $10,197 Blogging In May
- 4 Blogs Accepting Guest Posts – Write For Us!
Blog Page Views In June:
Traffic on HerPaperRoute.com doubled in June, I’m happy to say!
In May I had 20,100 pageviews and in June I had 41,232 page views! Yowza!
This was thanks to two things:
1. I’ve really been working on improving the SEO of my blog, and have been editing all of my old blog posts with better SEO techniques.
This has really helped with my ranking on Google, and has been sending lots of new organic traffic! You can follow my SEO tips by enrolling in my free SEO & Keyword research course.
2. And second, in June I was developing and testing my new Pinterest strategy.
Pinterest had some big changes earlier this Summer, so I was busy fine-tuning my new pinning technique and improving my Pinterest SEO. It paid off!
Not only did I improve my Pinterest traffic by 60%, but I also had 4 pins go viral grew my Pinterest account from 2,500 followers to 4,100 followers in just 2 weeks.
You can learn all about my new Pinterest strategy and get my perfected step-by-step pin formula by enrolling in my Pinterest Marketing course.
In addition to the boost in traffic, my DA (domain authority) increased a bit as well, from 29 to 30.
Making Money From A Blog – June Blog Income Report
Here’s how my blog made money last month:
So if we count that sale as part of my blogging income, then I actually made $62,972
My Blog Expenses In June
Of course, there are some expenses of running a money-making blog!
You have to spend money to make money, after all.
- SmarterQueue – paid for a year ($400)
- Envato Elements – bought an annual subscription ($200)
- Fee for selling my blog with a listing manager on Flippa ($3,900)
- ConvertKit – paid for a year’s subscription already
- Mailerlite – paid monthly
- Tailwind – paid for a year’s subscription already
- Web hosting – Paid for a year ($100)
Also, as blogging is self-employed income, there will be taxes and healthcare to pay at the end of the year.
To start your own blog today, enroll in my FREE blogging course and learn how to easily set up and monetize a blog in less than 20 minutes.
Making Money From A Blog – Everything You Need To Monetize Your Blog
- Check out my Make Money Blogging Guides
- I keep a Directory of Affiliate Programs for several different niches too
- I teach affiliate marketing and blogging as a business via the Be Your Own Blog Boss course, which covers blog development, affiliate marketing, email marketing and more.
- Grab yourself a copy of my Affiliate Marketing Strategy ebook here
Join my FREE blogging community now and get instant access to my resource library of blogging tools. I’ll send you a weekly blogging tip to help you on your blogging journey:
Have You Joined Our Facebook Group?
Making money from a blog doesn’t have to be a solo mission.
Come and join our Facebook Group where you can connect, learn from and inspire other bloggers who are on a similar online ‘paper’ route, too!