Most people don’t end up sticking to their New Years resolutions. Because of this fact, I’ve created this list of easy, realistic new years resolutions that you’ll actually enjoy.
We’re all here, standing on the edge of a brand-new year, and I’m pumped to talk about how setting down-to-earth goals can be a total game-changer for the awesome year that lies ahead.
No need for complicated plans. No need for a major life overhaul. We’re talking about practical steps, the stuff you can actually do to make this year count.
So, let’s dive into this list of 100 realistic new years resolutions and start making resolutions that are not just doable but will genuinely make a difference in our lives.
Setting the Tone For A Successful year
You know, New Year’s resolutions get a bit of a bad rap sometimes. We set these big, lofty goals, and by mid-February, they’re usually out the window.
But what if this year was different? What if our resolutions weren’t just wishful thinking but small, actionable steps that add up to something seriously awesome?
No need to reinvent the wheel; we’re looking at simple, realistic goals that we can stick to.
It’s not about making huge, drastic changes but about making consistent, achievable choices that add up over time.
List Of 100 Realistic New Years Resolutions
You might be thinking, “What kind of resolutions are we talking about?”
Well, we’re not going to suggest you climb Mount Everest or completely overhaul your life.
We’re talking about things like setting aside a few minutes each day for yourself, maybe going for a walk, or reading a bit more. It’s the little things, done consistently, that make the big impact.
Financial Well-Being Resolutions
- Start or scale your business this year.
- Create and stick to a monthly budget.
- Save a small amount each month to build an emergency fund.
- Develop a plan to pay down high-interest debt.
- Learn about website investing.
- Listen to podcasts to increase your knowledge of personal finance.
- Explore and diversify your investment portfolio.
- Research potential side hustles to supplement income.
- Enroll in courses to enhance financial literacy.
- Conduct a quarterly review of your financial goals and adjust as needed.
You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.– Marie Forleo
Business, Career and Professional Growth Resolutions
- Identify and work on improving in-demand skills.
- Expand professional networks through events or online platforms.
- Set achievable career goals for the year.
- Enroll in a relevant course or attend workshops.
- Establish boundaries to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Actively seek mentorship or coaching opportunities.
- Share your skills with colleagues or in your community.
- Identify and pursue leadership roles or projects.
- Attend networking events to expand professional connections.
- Attend at least one industry conference or seminar.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.– Sheryl Sandberg
Health and Wellness Resolutions
- Incorporate 30 minutes of physical activity into your daily routine.
- Eat more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains; reduce processed foods.
- Aim for 7-8 hours of quality sleep each night.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.
- Practice mindful eating to savor and appreciate your meals.
- Include a daily stretching routine to improve flexibility.
- Start doing wall pilates.
- Keep a journal to track emotions and habits related to food.
- Take weekly or daily nature walks.
- Practice deep breathing exercises to reduce stress.
- Schedule and attend necessary health checkups throughout the year.
Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.– Jim Rohn
Personal Development Resolutions
- Set aside time for reading books or articles regularly.
- Identify a skill you’ve always wanted to learn and commit to it.
- Start a journal to reflect on thoughts and experiences.
- Develop a realistic schedule to manage time effectively.
- Incorporate positive affirmations into your daily routine.
- Engage in activities to improve public speaking skills.
- Dedicate time each week to learn a new language.
- Combine art and gratitude by creating a visual gratitude journal.
- Refine the skill of setting SMART goals for personal achievements.
- Identify and challenge limiting beliefs throughout the year.
- Spend dedicated quality time with loved ones regularly.
- Work on improving communication skills.
- Make it a habit to express gratitude to those around you.
- Practice forgiveness and let go of grudges.
- Identify and prioritize meaningful relationships.
- Establish a regular family meeting for open communication.
- Engage in a shared hobby or activity with your partner.
- Incorporate random acts of kindness into your relationships.
- Write heartfelt letters expressing gratitude and love.
- Schedule special dates or outings with loved ones.
I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.– Maya Angelou
Home and Environment Resolutions
- Regularly declutter and organize living spaces.
- Adopt eco-friendly habits in your home.
- Create a schedule for routine home maintenance.
- Designate time away from screens for mental well-being.
- Invest in making your living spaces cozy and comfortable.
- Implement energy-saving practices in your home.
- Engage in creative DIY projects to enhance your living spaces.
- Regularly organize and declutter digital files.
- Establish a family chore chart for shared responsibilities.
- Adopt a more mindful approach to home decor shopping.
Mindfulness and Mental Health Resolutions
- Mindfulness Meditation: Introduce mindfulness meditation into your routine.
- Consider therapy or counseling for personal growth. Gratitude Practice:
- Maintain a gratitude journal.
- Set boundaries on social media usage for mental well-being.
- Incorporate short breaks during work or daily tasks.
- Incorporate mindful walking into your daily routine.
- Create a gratitude jar for daily notes of appreciation.
- Practice mindful eating, savoring each bite.
- Start and end each day with positive self-affirmations.
- Designate a day each week for a digital detox.
Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.– Anne Lamott
Adventure and Fun Resolutions
- Discover new places in your local area.
- Rekindle old hobbies or explore new ones.
- Incorporate outdoor activities into your routine.
- Plan one or two small trips or staycations.
- Engage in creative pursuits such as painting, writing, or crafting.
- Create a list of movies, shows, or events to enjoy.
- Incorporate recreational activities like games or puzzles.
- Plan and celebrate personal milestones or achievements.
- Start a photography project to capture memorable moments.
- Explore new music genres or artists.
- Attend cultural events or festivals in your community.
- Try your hand at a new artistic form, be it painting, writing, or music.
- Capture the beauty of nature through a photography challenge.
- Host themed dinner nights to add excitement to meals.
- Take dance classes to learn a new style.
Adventure is worthwhile in itself.– Amelia Earhart
Community Involvement Resolutions
- Commit to volunteering for a cause you care about.
- Attend local community events or meetings.
- Make an effort to support local businesses.
- Strengthen connections within your community.
- Stay informed and participate in civic activities.
- Host a community event or gathering.
- Participate in or organize a neighborhood watch program.
- Offer mentorship to individuals in your community.
100 Realistic New Years Resolutions – Conclusion
So, wrapping things up here. Let’s keep it real, friends. Our resolutions aren’t just wishes on a star; they’re the daily commitments that can genuinely make a difference.
It’s not about being perfect; it’s about making progress, one step at a time.
As we step into the new year, let’s keep it simple, stay true to our goals, and make this year our own.
You’ve got this! Thanks for hanging out, and here’s to a year of crushing it, one achievable resolution at a time!