How To Connect Google Search Console To Your Blog
How to connect Google Search Console to your blog, step by step with pictures. This guide also shows you how to set your permalink structure, connect your blog to Google Analytics, and how to create and submit a sitemap.
Connecting your WordPress blog to Google search console, and Google analytics can be done in just a few easy steps! Read on!
HerPaperRoute is a resource for online business development. Affiliate links may be used, which is at no cost to our readers. Disclosure.
How To Connect Google Search Console To Your Blog
This Is A 3 Part Tutorial
In Part 1 You Learned:
- What self-hosting is and why it’s important
- Set up a self-hosted website with hosting & domain registration with Bluehost or SiteGround, including secure installation of https:// certificate.
- Installed WordPress.org
In Part 2 We Will Cover:
- How to Change The Permalink Structure
- Set up Google Analytics
- Set up Google Search Console
- Submit your sitemap to Google
Then, In Part 3:
- Install a theme
- Set up website security
- Install plugins
- Create content
- Build your blog’s email list
- Begin a social media marketing campaign for your blog
- Monetize & make money from your blog
Before we continue, make sure you sign up for access to my members-only Profitable Blog Toolkit, it includes a ton of free resources that will help you develop your blog into a business. You can get in by signing up here:
Want To Skip All Of This Set-Up Stuff?
You can! I offer a Website In A Box service where I will set up your Website for you.
Allow me set up your WordPress site, handle all of the hosting, domain registration, tech stuff, plus plugin and theme installation so that all you have to focus on is writing your blog posts.
This option also comes with a month of tech support!
Rather Do It All Yourself? Cool, Read On!
How To Start A Blog In 2018 And Make Money Blogging: The Ultimate Guide – Part 2
This is part 3 of our ‘Ultimate Start A Blog And Make Money Blogging Tutorial.’ This part covers important steps to do before you start blogging.
Such as how to change your blog’s permalink structure, how to connect your blog to Google Analytics, how to connect your blog to Google Search Console, and how to submit your sitemap to Google.
1. Change The Permalink Structure Of Your Blog
Make sure you have completed part 1 before starting this. Also, make sure you change your blog’s permalink structure before you start publishing posts.
Click on “Settings” and then “Permalinks.”
Then select the “Post Name” option.
Your blog posts URL will now have the right structure.
2. Set Up Google Analytics
- Create a free Google Analytics account.
- Install this free plugin to easily install and monitor your Google analytics within WordPress.
- Follow the plugins prompts to authenticate your account.
3. How To Connect Google Search Console To Your Blog
To easily connect your blog to Google Search Console, make sure you have the Yoast Plugin installed. The free version is all you need.
1. Go to Google Search Console (formerly Google Webmaster Tools) and sign in with your Google account.
2. While logged into Google Search Console, click the red button to add your website. ‘Property’ means website.
3. Next, in the popup, add your website URL and click the blue button.
4. Click the ‘ Alternative Method’ tab. You will be given a code. Copy the code, and then paste it into your website <head> section, before the <body> section.
If you aren’t sure how to do that, this free plugin makes it super easy to put code into your <head> section: AddFunc Head & Footer Code Plugin.
Once you have done that, you can click ‘verify’ in Google Search console.
5. Next, from your WordPress dashboard and on the left hand side, click ‘SEO and then ‘Search Console’ which is Yoast’s way of connecting your blog to Google Search Console.
6. From there, click ‘Settings’ and then ‘Get Google Authorization Code’ this will then give you a popup window, you will sign in to Google, it will give you a code. Copy the code and paste it into the box, and click the blue button ‘Authenticate.’
Your website will now be connected to Google Search Console and Yoast.
How To Enable Sitemap In Yoast
1. In your WordPress dashboard look on the left hand side, click ‘SEO and then ‘General.’
2. Click on the ‘Features’ tab, and make sure that XML Sitemaps is set to ‘on.’
3. View your XML Sitemap by clicking the ‘See the XML Sitemap’ link. You may have to click the question mark ( ? ) symbol to see the link.
4. Submit Sitemap To Google
- Sign in to Google Search Console.
- On your Search Console home page, select your website.
- In the left sidebar, click Crawl and then Sitemaps.
- Remove outdated or invalid sitemaps like
- Click the Add/Test Sitemap button in the top right.
sitemap_index.xmlinto the text box that appears.
- Click Submit.
Utilize The Must Have Blog Tools List
Bookmark my must-have blog tools page for a list of essential tools, apps, resources and tech that I use to run my blogs. Most of them are free!
There Is One More Part To This Tutorial!
Click below for part 3.
Don’t forget to download my free Profitable Blog Toolkit below:
The HerPaperRoute Profitable Blog Toolkit is my members-only resource library of tools to help you start a blog develop it into a thriving, income earning business!
- Profitable Blog Cheatsheet!
- Styled Stock Photos!
- Social Media Marketing Planner! & More!
- The Best Part? IT’S FREE! JOIN HERE:
Already A Member?
~Pin This ~