In this article, I’m going to share a few ideas about how to make an extra $500 a month. Honestly, everyone is capable of making extra money online.
And when you find something you really enjoy doing, you may discover that with the extra cash you earn online, you could soon quit your full time job. Whether you want to learn how to make an extra $1,500 a month or an extra $10,000, this guide is for you.
So before you get conned into joining a direct marketing company scam, take control of your future and create your own revenue stream with one of these ideas.
How to make an extra $500 a month
Are you looking for ways to make an extra $500 a month? If so, you’re not alone. Many people are searching for ways to make extra money, and there are plenty of options available if you’re willing to put in the work.
But here’s the funny thing…Most people think that working online involves getting a remote job at a company.
Sure, you can find a variety of online jobs that range from simple tasks like data entry, or watching videos, to more complex jobs like web development or graphic design.
And although many of those types of online jobs can be done on a flexible schedule, they’re often thought to be good for people who are already working full-time or taking care of other commitments.
Want to Make More Money?
Become a member of HerPaperRoute today and get a toolkit packed with resources to help you make that paper. All for FREE!
But here at HerPaperRoute, we like to give you resources that put YOU in the CEO chair! And get you OUT of the employee chair. We show you how to create passive income streams that will generate money even while you’re sleeping.
Wait…Can’t I Just Get Rich From Taking Surveys?
Ah, no. NO! You won’t make a fortune taking online surveys. So just ignore everyone who tells you otherwise. Taking surveys is not “free money” because it is going to take your time, and pay you peanuts.
Wealthy people know that our time is the most valuable thing we have. Use it wisely.
If you have the free time to waste taking online surveys, then you have the free time to do things that will make money residually.
What business do I have, telling you how to make an extra $500 a month?
Well, a few years ago I was a struggling, broke web designer slash bartender. My future was really uncertain, as I was nearing 30, with no savings or plan.
I was watching my peers progress in life, while I was floundering.
When I decided to quit my job (both of them) to focus on making money online, it was a risk, with nothing guaranteed.
But I decided that success is a decision, and I just went for it.
At first, I made a few hundred dollars from my online business efforts. It wasn’t a fortune in those first few months, a few dollars here, a few dollars there.
But it was enough extra money to inspire me to keep going.
And that point is really important. Use those little wins no matter how small, like a carrot dangling in front of you, encouraging you to keep going.
With dedication, I was able to make an extra $500 a month within the first year. And by year 2, I discovered I could make good money at it, breaking my first $100,000 before my third year.
By that time, I made enough for a down payment on a home; something that would have taken me a decade to do, had I stayed as an income-capped employee.
And my fun online side hustle was now a legit small business.
So, I’d tell you to believe in your desire to make more money from home. Even if it’s only in your spare time for now. Every bit of effort you put in will compound and pay off later.
I really do mean that! I am earning revenue passively now from some things I set up 3 years ago.
So, be willing to see it through, have patience, and put in the work today. You are playing the long game for your future success.
How To Make An Extra $500 A Month From Online Revenue Streams
Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money online. It’s actually my favorite way to earn passive income. It’s fairly simple and easy to do, and you can earn a lot of money from it. Here are some tips on how to get started:
1) Start with the basics. You need to know what affiliate marketing is before you can start making money with it. Read this Guide To Affiliate Marketing, as it will help you understand how to get started.
2) Research your niche. The next step is you need to figure out what products and services you should promote in order to generate sales. This will come down to knowing your niche.
So research your niche carefully. Find out which companies are already selling products in that market, and study their marketing strategies. This will give you valuable insights into how to sell yourself and your products more effectively.
3) Choose the right products and services to promote. Not all products and services are suitable for affiliate marketing, so be careful when choosing which ones to include in your campaigns.
Make sure that the products or services you choose offer good potential for profits, and that they match your target market’s needs (this will help you create effective affiliate links).
4) Build an effective campaign strategy. Once you’ve chosen the products and services that you want to promote, it’s time to develop a campaign strategy that will get them seen by as many people as possible.
This includes writing review articles, setting up targeted ads, designing effective landing pages, and promoting your campaigns through social media channels like Instagram and TikTok。
5) Monitor results regularly. Although affiliate marketing can become a passive revenue stream for you, you still must check in on how your campaigns are performing, and work to optimize and improve them over time.
How to earn $500 a month with affiliate marketing?
To earn $500 a month from affiliate marketing, promote a product that pays $100 commission per sale, and you only have to make 5 sales a month to hit that target.
Create & Sell An Online Course
Creating and selling online courses is a great way to make money. There are a lot of ways to do this, and it can be very profitable.
You can create a course about anything you like, so long as there is a market for it.
You can also offer your courses in conjunction with other products or services that you offer.
Be sure to research the market before starting your course. Do some market research to figure out what people are looking for, and then create content that meets that need.
How to earn $500 a month selling courses?
Create a course, and price it at $250. Run an automated webinar to sell it while you sleep. You will only have to sell 2 a month to hit $500.
Offer Virtual Assistant Services
In the past decade, the role of the Virtual Assistant has become increasingly popular.
With technology becoming more and more commonplace in our everyday lives, it’s no surprise that people are looking for ways to make extra money online. For many people, becoming a Virtual Assistant is the perfect solution.
If you are an organized and reliable person, looking for a way to make some extra cash, or even to replace your current income, then becoming a Virtual Assistant could be the perfect solution for you.
Virtual assistants provide administrative and clerical support to clients remotely, so you can work from anywhere. Plus, there’s a growing demand for virtual assistants as more and more businesses adopt flexible remote work policies.
Here’s what you need to know to get started as a virtual assistant.
1) First, you’ll need a strong work ethic. Virtual assistants must be reliable, so you’ll need to be able to handle a lot of work at once without getting overwhelmed.
2) Second, you’ll need excellent communication skills. You’ll be speaking with clients on a daily basis, so it’s important that you can communicate clearly and concisely.
3) Third, you’ll need computer knowledge. Most virtual assistant jobs require some level of computer expertise, so you’ll want to have a good understanding of Windows or Mac operating systems as well as office software such as Google Docs or Microsoft Word.
4) Fourth you will want to specialize in one thing. The VAs who sell a specialized knowledge are the ones who really make bank.
For example, just Pinterest account growth, or just email management, or just podcast production. Don’t try to ‘do whatever they need me to’ but instead, focus on one area of expertise in a niche, and solve one pain point that online or local businesses need help with.
They will gladly pay you to take it off their plate!
5) Finally, you’ll need good organizational skills. Being able to manage your time effectively is essential for any virtual assistant job.
How to earn $500 a month as a Virtual Assistant?
To earn money in this role, simply offer 1 service that you can complete in under 2 hours a week. Charge $600 a month for the service, and market yourself online. You only need one client to surpass $500/month.
Social Media Manager
In the modern world, social media is one of the most powerful tools that businesses have at their disposal.
A social media manager is someone who understands how to use this tool to its fullest potential in order to promote a business.
If you’re good at managing social media accounts and you’re looking for ways to make some extra money, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
As a social media manager, you can help businesses grow their online presence and connect with potential and current customers.
While there is no one-size-fits-all approach to social media management, there are some tips and tricks that can help you get started.
Here are a few tips on how to make money as a social media manager.
1) First, identify your skills and passions. What do you enjoy doing most? What makes you feel fulfilled? Once you know this, start researching different ways to monetize that skill or passion. Do you have a knack for creating Instagram reels? Writing captions? Producing video content for TikTok?
2) Next, find clients that are in need of your skills. Start by searching online for companies that are looking for social media help. Many have websites with a “job search” section, or they may offer job postings through their social media pages. You can also meet bloggers and online business owners in Facebook groups, at networking events, and on LinkedIn.
3) Present yourself well when pitching your services. Make sure to include examples of your work in a professional setting, as well as links to any articles, blog posts or social media accounts you manage. Be sure to include actual stats of accounts you have grown. Highlight any skills or experience that make you unique and desirable to a potential client.
4) Be persistent! It can be tough finding the right clients in the online world, but don’t give up if no immediate opportunities arise.
How to earn $500 a month as a Social Media Manager?
Similar to the VA tip above, offer management of 1 social platform that you can spend a few hours a week tending to. Charge $1000 a month for the service, and you’ve doubled your $500 goal with one client.
Flipping Websites is the perfect way to make money, if you enjoy creating and monetizing content. It simply involves buying a website that needs a little work, growing its traffic and revenue, and then reselling it fo more than you paid for it.
Here are six tips on how to Flip Websites:
1) Do Your Research. Before you start flipping websites, it is important that you do your research. First, understand what types of websites are profitable to flip and which ones require more time and effort. Second, know the different types of flipping methods available to you (e.g., buying websites, outsourcing work).
To begin, read the Ultimate Guide To Website Flipping so you don’t miss a beat.
2) Set Up a Business Plan. Once you have researched which websites are profitable to flip and have identified the method(s) of flipping best suited for you, it is important to create a business plan outlining how you will achieve success.
This includes outlining costs associated with flipping each website (e.g., purchasing price, fees associated with outsourcing work), specifying how long it will take you to flip each website (based on your research), and estimating how much profit you expect to make from each website (based on historic data from similar flips).
3) Get Organized. The most successful blog flippers possess several key traits: organization skills, patience, resourcefulness, and analytical ability. To succeed as a website flipper, it is important that you develop systems that allow you to stay organized and prioritize tasks accordingly.
4) Buy a Website To Flip. First, you’ll need to find a website that you want to flip. There are many available online, and you can find them by using search engines or browsing popular auction sites.
Once you’ve found a website that you want to purchase, be sure to research the market conditions for the site. Some sites are more desirable than others, and there may be higher demand for certain types of websites.
Once you have an understanding of the market conditions for the site, it’s time to determine your budget. You will need enough money to purchase the website, invest in growth (operators, advertising, etc).
And then when it’s time to sell it you will want to have money on hand to pay any seller fees associated with selling on auction sites, and cover any other costs associated with flipping a website.
It’s also important to have extra money saved up so that you don’t have to borrow money from friends or family members during the flipping process.
Once you have your budget figured out, it’s time to acquire a website, and start working on it once its in your possession.
5) Grow The Site. Once you have bought a website to flip, the first thing you’ll need to do is get acquainted with the content. This means reading all of the content on the website and taking note of any areas that need improvement. Once you’ve done this, it’s time to start thinking about how you can improve the website.
One way to improve a website is by improving old blog posts, and adding more content. This can be anything from blog posts to videos to photos. Another way to improve a website is by redesigning it completely.
This means creating a fresh new look that will make the site more user-friendly and appealing. Finally, you can also add additional features such as live chat or order forms.
Once you’ve figured out what needs to be done on the website in order for it to improve, it’s time to get started! First, take some notes about what looked good on other websites and how you could implement those same designs on your own site.
Then, start creating content that relates specifically to your company and target audience.
Spend a few months growing the traffic and increasing the revenue. Keep track of all stats, income and analytics.
Once you have doubled the revenue or so, put the website back up for sale and sell it for profit!
6) Sell the website. You can list your website on an auction site, or connect with a website broker (that’s me!) who will personally connect you with vetted buyers.
Now that everything is ready for sale, all that’s left is waiting for buyers to come knocking on your door! Once it sells, you can reinvest the funds from the sale into your next flip.
How to earn $500 a month as a Website Flipper?
Unless you have a whole team of operators, it may be unlikely that you will sell a new website every month. Each website you buy will need time and attention for a few months, to get it earning more, and primed for resale.
But considering that one site earning $150 per month can sell for $6,000, you could easily sell a few sites a year in that arena. Selling just one $6000 website in a year would be the equivalent of earning $500 per month!
How To Make An Extra $500 A Month From In-Person Revenue Streams Streams
Online businesses are the only type of business I recommend. I stay away from any in-person service jobs, personally. But you may be more inclined to offer an in-person service, and if so, check out the following offline side gigs.
Rent Out A Room
If you own your own home, and are willing to let strangers sleep over at it, it’s possible to host travelers for extra income.
Sites like Air BnB and VRBO allow homeowners to rent out their spare room, suite, or entire home as a short-term rental.
If you need money fast, and you have a lot of quality stuff lying around your house, then hosting a garage sale could be a quick way to get some extra cash.
One garage sale to offload your extra stuff is good.
But, we want you to make more than $500 a month consistently. Is hosting a garage sale every month, sustainable for you?
How will you keep your yard sales stocked month after month? Is driving to estate sales beyond your own neighborhood every weekend to find new stock, actually enjoyable?
Most importantly, is standing around trying to sell stuff in your yard the best use of your time?
Think of how much time it costs you to set up and host just one garage sale, it is a lot. Especially considering each transaction is a one-time, dead-end occurrence.
Your spare time could be much better spent setting up one automated funnel for an affiliate offer once, that would then sell on its own, passively and continuously.
Own A Cleaning Company
House and office cleaners are always in demand. But, be the owner who has a team of cleaners, don’t do the cleaning jobs yourself. It’s not worth it, from a wealth standpoint.
The only way I would recommend offering any type of manual service is if you own the company, while having other people actually do the work.
This way you can take multiple clients at the same time, earn money, and scale faster.
Other Offline Gig Ideas To Make $500/Month:
- Rent Out A Portable Photobooth
- Rent Out A Flower Wall
- Do Odd Jobs
- Personal Trainer
- Sell Things in Facebook Marketplace
- Food Delivery
- Set Up Holiday Decorations
- Rent Out Your Parking Space
Other Online Passive Revenue Streams:
==> See this list of passive revenue streams you can try!
How To Make An Extra $500 A Month – Conclusion
We hope you found this list of ideas for how to make an extra 500 a month helpful.
Please pin/share it, and of course, follow me on Instagram @HerPaperRoute