Did you know that there are tons of fun ways students earn extra money online?
Thanks to the internet, there are plenty of opportunities out there to earn some extra cash online, even if you are a student.
In this article, we will be discussing the different ways that you can earn money online as a student and what they entail.
Some are easier than others. Let’s begin!
Best Online Jobs For Students
Supporting yourself while attending school is tough. I know! It wasn’t too long ago that I was a University student.
I knew I needed something else to earn money from, as paying tuition and rent on my part-time waitressing income alone was difficult, to say the least.
It is possible to make money online while studying at college.
Want to Make More Money?
Become a member of HerPaperRoute today and get a toolkit packed with resources to help you make that paper. All for FREE!
Students can earn money by posting content on social media, taking surveys, completing offers, selling goods online, and more!
There are so many ways to make money online that you may not have known about.
Making money online has become a popular endeavor for students looking to earn extra income or even create a full-time career. There are various avenues to explore, each with its unique approach and potential.
Here are a number of different ways students can make money online, along with tips on getting started with each revenue stream.
1. Flipping Websites
Flipping websites involves buying, improving, and selling websites for a profit.
This can be a lucrative venture if you have a good eye for design, content, and market trends.
It’s something you can do in your spare time, and can have big profit margins.
For example, a website that earns $1,000 per month can be sold for up to $40,000. Sometimes more!
- Research niche markets with potential for growth.
- Learn about web design, SEO, and content creation.
- Purchase an existing website from sites like Niche Investor.
- Improve the website’s content, design, and SEO.
- Increase the website’s traffic and revenue
- Sell the website on Niche Investor, aiming for a higher price.
2. Become A Content Creator (Using Social Media)
Social media platforms like YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitch offer opportunities for content creators to monetize their content through ads, sponsorships, and merchandise sales.
- Choose a niche you’re passionate about.
- Create high-quality and engaging video content.
- Build a following by consistently posting content.
- Explore monetization options like affiliate marketing, sponsorships, and ads.
3. Become A Content Creator (Without Using Social Media)
If you prefer to create content without relying on social media platforms, consider starting a blog or podcast.
These mediums allow you to establish your brand and monetize through ads, affiliate marketing, and product sales.
There are many topics to write/podcast about, including personal finance, travel, beauty, health, food, lifestyle, pets, technology, video games, music, and so much more.
Just choose a niche that interests you and start creating!
- Take this free class about starting a blog
- Invest in a domain name and hosting for a blog or podcast.
- Select a niche and create valuable content.
- Optimize your content for SEO to attract organic traffic.
- Monetize your content with affiliate marketing, brand sponsorships and digital products.
- Promote your content through your email list, and online communities.
4. UGC Creator (User-Generated Content):
A UGC Creator films aesthetic video content of products, for brands. The brands purchase a license from you to use the content on their platforms, and in their paid advertising.
Many websites and apps also pay users for contributing content such as reviews, photos, or videos.
Platforms like TripAdvisor, Yelp, and Shutterstock offer opportunities to earn money through user-generated content.
- Create an Instagram TikTok for yourself and put “UGC Creator” in your bio
- Post high-quality and informative videos of products around your home (this content will be used like a portfolio of your work, to show brands an example of what you can do.)
- Reach out to brands you want to partner with and pitch them a UGC proposal
- Work on building your portfolio and reputation to attract more opportunities.
5. PLR Reseller – Digital Products
Private Label Rights (PLR) products allow you to purchase digital products like ebooks, courses, or software and resell them under your brand.
This can be a quick way to start an online business.
- Find reputable sources for PLR products.
- Customize and rebrand the products to add value.
- Set up an e-commerce website to sell your PLR products, such as Shopify or Etsy.
- Promote your products through online marketing strategies.
6. Amazon Product Reviewer
If you enjoy reading reviews and looking into buying new gadgets, electronics, beauty and home items, why not try reviewing them too?
It’s an easy side hustle to set up and takes as much time as you want it to.
All you need is a laptop, tablet, or smartphone and a stable internet connection.
You can make money by reviewing products on Amazon and earning commissions when people buy after clicking your links.
This involves promoting Amazon products and earning a commission for each sale generated through your referral.
- Join Amazon’s Affiliate Program.
- Select a niche or category of products to review.
- Write/film honest and informative reviews.
- Promote your reviews through your website or blog, social media, and email marketing.
7. Online Tutor
Online tutoring has become a popular way to earn money online.
If you are good with teaching others or just enjoy helping people learn new things, then becoming an online tutor could be the perfect job for you.
You can start making money online by offering lessons in subjects such as English, Math, History, Science, Geography, etc.
You can offer private lessons or group classes.
The great thing about being an online teacher is that you get to work when and where you want.
This means that you can take care of other responsibilities while still earning money online.
8. Freelance Writing
Freelancing is another great way to earn money online.
This is especially true if you’re interested in writing.
Many freelance writers work part-time or full-time at writing blogs, articles, press releases, white papers, and other forms of content.
Once you have registered, you should submit samples of your writing skills and bid on projects.
9. Data Entry
If you love typing, data entry may be the ideal side hustle for you.
Companies hire freelancers who type letters, enter information into databases, and perform other clerical tasks.
The pay rates vary depending on the company, industry, and the number of hours worked per week.
It’s important to note that data entry isn’t always easy work.
Most companies require their employees to fill out paperwork, search for specific records, and enter them into a database.
However, if you’re able to quickly locate and enter information into a computer system, you can expect to earn anywhere between $10-$20 per hour.
10. Social Media Management
Social media management is a growing field that allows individuals to manage multiple social media accounts.
As a social media manager, you will need to monitor various platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.
11. Virtual Assistant
Virtual assistants help businesses run smoothly by performing administrative tasks which range from simple customer service to keeping track of emails and phone calls.
Another common side hustle is proofreading.
As the name suggests, this involves reading through written material and marking grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, and awkward phrasing.
This can really come in handy with copywriting services, essays, and technical documents.
Contingent upon the subject matter, some proofreaders may be asked to do research before coming across any given topic.
It’s a great way to improve your performance at college too!
13. Website Designer
Businesses always need great website themes and design help.
14. App Developer
Mobile apps have become incredibly popular over the past few years, and there are countless new ones being developed every day.
If you know how to code, then you could create your own app.
And because most people use mobile devices for anything from checking email to playing games, creating an app has never been easier.
15. Paid Surveys
In order to complete surveys, you will typically need to answer questions truthfully and give away your contact details, so they can reach out to you when they have survey-specific jobs.
16. Sell Goods Online
Before getting started, you must first decide what kind of product you want to sell.
For example, you might like to start making and selling jewelry. Or, you can dropship items.
17. Affiliate Marketer
Affiliate marketers promote other companies’ products using websites.
They get paid a commission whenever someone purchases the advertised product after clicking on their affiliate link.
Some affiliates simply advertise brands they love, while others go further by recommending specific items.
Either way, they usually receive commissions based on the number of sales generated from their site.
How Can Students Earn Extra Money Online – Conclusion
These are just 17 examples of things you can do online to make money as a student.
Hopefully, you found this article helpful and inspiring.
Which of these side hustles will you try? Let me know in the comments what’s your favorite method for making extra cash online as a college student!